Wednesday, February 16, 2011

D1 Tutorial 2 Robinson

How to zombify someone.

First open your photo to photoshop or gimp.

Then find a skull photo on the internet and open it.











select the skull area you want to use and copy and paste it to your background image.




Bring down the opacity so you can see your bottom image and use the eraser tool to remove the area you dont want.



Now you may want to desaturate the image.




Next I downloaded free brushes online. Scars, cracks, and blood. Paint on the scars and cracks.




Now adjust the levels to darken the image and bring out the cracks on the face.






Increase the contrast.




Now you might want to add some color. I used a gray/green shade to make him look dead.




I used the paint brush to paint the background black.



I also downloaded grunge brushes and painted the background with those and the blood splatter brushes. I added some blood to his mouth so he looked like he just ate someone's brains.
I used the dodge tool to make his eye white and then painted a red center to make him a little more creepy looking.



You can add more blood or use other brushes to make it look however you want. Here's the before and after shot.














3 comments:

Aaron said...

pretty good. could you post where you got the free brushes?

Jourdan Clark said...

haha the finished image is creepy looking lol

Candace Sweatt said...

O.o....I LOVE THIS! Now I can turn ALL my friends into zombies. I promise I won't hunt them down. lol!