Tuesday, January 24, 2012

D2 Favorite Logos Homework


1. Gearbox

Of all the logos from my room, the Gearbox logo is my favorite. Gearbox is the game development company responsible for one of my favorite games, Borderlands. I like the logo because it's simple, clean, looks good in black and white or any other simple color scheme, and is intuitive. Their name is Gearbox, and their logo is a Gear within a box, but not so simply, it intersects with the tooth of an unseen gear, giving the design a motion aspect. The font is one of my favorite parts of the design, the simple lowercase font in an archaic font with serifs and thin/thick changes. The gearbox logo has changed a few times, but its current incarnation is my favorite so far.


2. J!NX
3. Blizzard
4. Wizards of the Coast
5. Magic: The Gathering
6. Dr. Pepper
7. Bungie
8. Square Enix
9. Dell
10. Nintendo

No comments: