Tuesday, March 13, 2012

D2 Homework 2 Turner



1. The McSwain Theatre's logo is my favorite. It has a classic quality that I think suits the building's historical value, and doesn't look cheesy or overdone.

2. I like the bedre chocolates logo because it looks simple and elegant. I also like the warm colors that they chose to use for the logo, it looks well thought out.

654452fd18eb4ca4bc26e343ba38a383.jpg (191×147) 3. ECU's logo is one of my favorite college logos because it looks less like it is themed around football to me. When I look at OU and OSU's, their fonts look more masculine, reflecting the popularity of their teams. Basically, ECU made a good choice going with something a little more simple. Maybe they will change it now that our team is doing well...


logo_8350_PeoplesEC.gif (200×107) 4. P.E.C. managed to make a simple logo, and added small bolts of lightning as a border, suggesting that they are an electric company without making it less professional.


5. Polo's Mexican; I've always liked their logo. Maybe it's the parrot or their use of complementary colors that make it successful for me. I like that they added their opening year as well.
34.1.png (250×195) 6. Blue Moon Cafe's text is very common, but I love the moon that they always put with their name. If I see that moon, I know that it's related to Blue Moon Cafe, which I think makes it a successful logo.

lazer-zone-family-fun-center-85307563.jpg (262×140)7. I like that Lazer Zone's logo is simple, but is given that extra flair over the top to show that it is more of a kid friendly place. It's able to look playful and fun without being to childish.

188169_136070669771314_4506444_n.jpg 8. Red Earth Art Supply's logo is nice, with an enclosed logo using the form of a color plate to make it more creative and relatable to art. It's easily understood that it's supposed to be a color plate, making it successful as a logo.


2 comments:

Kaylie B. said...

You do realize you can save your posts as drafts, right? It's like saving a e-mail you're not ready to send into the "Drafts" folder

Jami said...

Yes I do, thanks.