Thursday, January 13, 2011

D2 Initials #1 Hines

I put together a several versions of each of my logos, I find that making several versions of each, and keeping a copy of each revision helps out in figuring out what works best.



The logo I started with centers around me liking espresso, so I put together a mug. With just my initials in it the logo was super bland, dropping in a blue circle helped a bunch, and then in the last one, I think dropping the mug handle helped out a lot too, it really made the logo balanced.





The second logo I worked on is a jumble of lines, with a few segments of the lines, segments that resemble my initials, emboldened and changed to black to stand out. In the first go it wasn't obvious enough that my initials were in the design, so I made them more bold and I think it turned out well.





The third logo is a super simple mash-up of my initials, it has a more professional appeal with clean lines and a very straight forward representation of my initials. I went through several revisions of it with different spacings and slightly differing fonts on the "R" and ended up liking the little "R" best.



My favorite of my three is the messy logo, though I don't consider it a very strong logo, I think it gets the point across in a fun way. Tell me what you guys think, might pick or tweak in each of these.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

I think the coffee mug logo is a good idea because it represents something you enjoy. However, I think the bottom one is the strongest, but I'd like to see the text enlarged and moved to the top. Then the circle will be below it.

I like the inventiveness of the messy logo, but it doesn't work as a logo if the definition of a logo is to be a very quick and effective way of communicating. It's too hard to figure out.