Monday, January 24, 2011

D2 Typographical #2 Pina




For the Majestic Tree Farm logos I chose to use the pine tree as the central theme for all my logos, I also chose green as the main color and yellow in a couple, also I tried to incorporate that they ship all over the country by using the truck, the tree on wheels, and the trees with the US map. On the Jimbo's BBQ logos I tried different styles; on the first one I tried to make it look like a brand, on the second one I thought to go with something a little funnier and use the pigs tail and rear end as the logos main focus, and on the third one I chose to get more animated by making a Jimbo's cartoon character a pig with a heart shaped tattoo with the letters Vermont written in the heart.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I think that all 4 of the tree logos have possibilities. The use of 2 colors create identifiable figure ground relationships. There are some problems with the stroke on the text of the top left and bottom right. And in the top left...Jackson, MS is in the south.

As for Jimbo? not very good. Top left can't be read. Bottom looks to cartoony. Top right has some positives, but does a customer want to look at the rear end of the product they're going to eat?

marisol said...

I wasn't trying to put Jackson on the map I was just trying to shop they ship around the country, I guess I should've put it on there it would've made more sense.