Thursday, February 16, 2012

D1-Self Portrait Butler

For my first self portrait I wanted to have it to represent my childhood. It is a cut out of my body as a child and all the pictures are from Oildale which is a very poor suburb of Bakersfield, CA where I grew up. Oildale was all trains, oil rigs, and welfare.

For my second piece it is supposed to represent who I am today. I have the background as Dallas with Bruce Willis forming the buildings. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE Bruce. Then we have the Dos Equis guy because I love Dos Equis. The body is filled with all the poisons I sometimes put into my body. Pall Malls, Seagram's Lime Twisted Gin, and of course Dos Equis.

Now for these next two pictures that are supposed to be movie stills, I'm a little disappointed with myself. I was having a hard time trying to think of ideas and when it was really foggy the other night my friend gave me an idea for zombie pictures. I think the whole zombie thing is played out but I did it anyways. It was really hard shooting in the fog and I look really really nasty. I do kinda like how it has a grainy old look to it though. And some of the coloring turned out well. 

By the way, yes that is Ice-T on my shirt. It says "High Rollers."


6 comments:

Doom pants said...

bruce willis is stupid...bwa ha ha ha ha

i do think the ketchup zombie is funny...you look so unhappy, is someone withholding grey matter from you...poor poor ketchup zombie

EMMAconda said...

Bruce is the best thing to ever happen to this world! You're a fool DOOM PANTS!
(and you scare me.)

Aaron said...

you are making posts during the critique???????????

EMMAconda said...

I wan't there because I have bronchitis.
) :
So I posted them before the deadline from home.

Aaron said...

well then thank you for staying home. that must suck

EMMAconda said...

You're welcome. And it's my own fault. Those damn cancer sticks are so delicious!