Thursday, February 16, 2012

D1~Erica Eppler~ Self-Portraits


This image has several things that I consider to describe me... First of all the very background is a picture of slip, used in ceramics that joins pieces together.  On top of that I put fabrics that look bohemian because I love that kind of style.  Hanging on the clothes hanger (which of course goes back to boho and that kind of fashion style), from left to right are a crocheting needle and yarn, I'm crafty like that, or old ladish like that... video games, they have always been in my life although a little less here lately~ Indian feather represents my heritage and glasses are something I always have on because I like to see things~  A necklace is hanging next cause of s I love jewelry and make it as well...  MUSIC- -I love music -I have a pretty lovely collection vinyls at home- one of my pride an joys.



The background behind this image starts with the landscape of plateaus and highway, both mean a lot to me because I love to travel and the landscape of this region hold lots of memories for me.  The Ford Fairlane on the road was my first car, which I still own and which is still a bitch to drive so I don't.  Tee-pee in the mid-ground of course represent the heritage of which I'm pretty proud of~ And this gorgeous hippy chick represent the free spirit I have~  And she is hold a sign for New York, which is the birthplace of my mother and a place we visit often, but not often enough.

Movie Still 1
Lost in a Labrynith

Movie Still 2
Old Hollywood Still


No comments: