Thursday, February 16, 2012

D1 Self Portrait Sara

This one is basically what a table at my house could look like. A sketchbook that I try to keep close at hand at all times. Red carnations are my favorite flower and my religion is an important part of my life. The calendar on the wall is for May 1987 which is when I was born. The picture on the right is my best friend and the one on the left is the majority of my immediate family. I was really glad we were shown how to do distortion and perspective or I would have had such a time trying to angle them.




This simply shows my nature for what I jokingly call selective OCD. My books, cds, dvds, art supplies are all highly organized but my bedroom is rarely all put together.




 This was my first attempt at a self portrait. I already had the photo with me dressed as a geisha so I made a foreign film. Then a heard Aaron say the photos needed to be new taken specifically for this project.


This is my favorite just because it makes me smile :). But I felt ridiculous running back and forth on the sidewalk with my roommate snapping photos until we got one that was good enough to work.




Then after a busy day escaping near death you got to visit friends on a resort island? Lol, I took the picture with my hands outstretched thinking to put myself in the torch of lady liberty facing the ocean. But when I made the portrait it looked odd because all the torch photos are from below or eye level and my hands were below the horizon line. Also to actually show very much of the statue made me verrrrry small. I had to try a couple different boats before I found one I liked, then of course when I found one I didn't like the rest of the photo and had to cut me and the boat out and edit us into a new one. I was really proud I remembered to have part of the boat under water and I was able to tweak the color on the hull of the boat because it was the reflection of the water of the old photo which was a different darker blue.


4 comments:

Kaylie B. said...

I thought that first picture was a real photograph for a second. Well done!

Aaron said...

In the explosion and ship photos, the pictures of you look like they were either taken indoors or on a cloudy day. This makes them look very 'shopped

artst4christ said...

Ok, I tried lightening them a little but perhaps I could go more. It was cloudy but I was also wearing a black hoodie and my darkest pants which probably doesn't help. My face and arms are super white on the boat one and I didn't want to take dodge too far.

Doom pants said...

i feel that if you worked on the saturation of the different areas it would cause the layers to blend better. i think that is what is the problem but i am not sure because i have not quite figured it out on my projects either. but i plan to try that next time.

but the reason i say that is because there is a big difference from one object to the next.

i did get a kick out of and really liked the explosion pic.