Thursday, April 26, 2012

D1-Open Series-Christian

Mythological Satire
For my open series, I chose to make mythological creatures, but with a twist. I made each creature, less threatening, and perhaps more cuddly.


This is the Cerberus, but the cute, puppy Chihuahua version

With this one, I took the idea of the Minataur (half bull/half man).  The creature can be referred to as Cowman, or his superhero name, The Utter Avenger

This came from the idea of a werewolf, including some pandamonium. Just the scent of won tons sets this guy off

This is simply the collaboration of Sasquatch and a cyclops (two birds, one stone)

I apologize in advance for this one, but this is my harpy, the image of a hummingbird with the addition of  the one and only, Sarah Jessica Parker

This cute little thing is a griffin, but instead of a lion and eagle, it is their relatives that are combined

Here is the Headless Horseboy, but with an apple for the head, and bubbles emitting from his head, instead of fire

Holy Sheep! It's the glorious centaur

Here you have the Phelps mermaid 
That is one cute Gorgon (caterpillars, instead of snakes)

For this creature, I took the idea of a hydra (beast with multiple dragon-like heads) and added a giraffe twist


And finally, the majestic Pegasus' distant cousin

5 comments:

Charlsey Foster said...

The Harpy is my favorite haha. Great job, very creative!

Chris Cox said...

Very creative. Nice work!!

Aaron said...

I wish the images themselves had more to do with one another. Like they were all taken by the same person. Some of the source photography doesn't match the rest. I do like the theme and am glad that you made more than 5.

Doom pants said...

the idea is pretty funny to me. i was afraid you might repeat creatures but i was glad to see your diversity. you did really really well on a few like the sheep and the horseman. and even the ones that werent as well done were still rather well done.

Unknown said...

You had a good idea, and I liked the cuteness factor of several of them, especially the sheep man! Hummingbird one just didn't do it for me or the clown man, seemed just not to fit. All in all nice work.