Thursday, April 26, 2012

D1-"Open Series"- Charlsey F.

D1- "Open Series" 
Here is my open series project. My theme was comparing older generation female models to female models of our generation. I was interested in seeing how America's idea of beauty has changed and evolved. Where the older generation's idea of beauty was curvy, full-figured women, today's models who  are those that must be perfectly proportioned, 115 lbs, 5'9, and long lean and very slim. The famous models of the past, even Marilyn Monroe at one point in her life, would be considered today a plus size model. I tried to use recognizable models such as (past models): Marilyn Monroe, Mae West, Betty Grable, Jane Russel, Rita Hayworth and Sophia Loren; (current models): Alessandra Abrosio, Gisele Bundchen, and Heidi Klum, etc. I used these colors in the series because I love bright hues and pop art and I thought it worked out well with the theme. I used the different colored lines because I thought they added to the pieces and tried to make them where they went along with the figures to create a more dramatic effect.





7 comments:

Aaron said...

excellent them! I like the use of bright colors against contrasting grayscale images. And also, the compositions work well.

Curtis B said...

turned out really well i think you could do 100 of these and they would all sell haha

Doom pants said...

i think these are all awesome. the pop art scene was never my thing but i have always admired their ability to catch my attention anyways. and you did a wonderful job of combining the color, theme, and contrasts of old and new. i caught glimpses of you working on these over the past week or whatever and i thought you had some really cool stuff. nice to see it stayed that way in the end too...

Doom pants said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doom pants said...

oh and i dont know what kind of art you do outside of this class but i think if you were to paint this stuff it would be awesome...yes you can paint something you created on photoshop and it wouldnt be cheating at all

Raechel said...

This is so great! I love that you compared the "ideal" body from the past to how it is now. The angles & bright colors are really good

Unknown said...

Sweetness! You did such a good job. I'm a big fan of the old hollywood girls and loved that you incorporated them in a theme that wasn't just about them being celebrities. Nice work!