Thursday, April 7, 2011

D1- Open Series - Hopkins

My theme for this series was time, or the lack thereof. I chose this theme because as a full time student with a full time job, time, is something I wish that I had more of. Through the series I tried to illustrate a few of the obstacles that I face with the time I am allotted to split between school, work, and an almost non-existent social life. Each of my pictures has a different approach, so there is not one style that I used consistently. I used a lot of filters, blending methods, and played around with the values to add contrast.

7 comments:

Aaron said...

I really like the theme, but you compositions are very nice too!!! The empty fuel tank piece is really nice. I also really enjoy the colorful gas nozzles!

portel.bellamy said...

I like them a lot, especially the clock, the only thing that I think is a bit of an issue is that you are from Texas. You can really tell that you devoted a lot of TIME into your work.

Corey Dozier said...

I like the theme and I like the empty as tank piece a lot. The pocket watch one is a good idea but the watch just looks laid on there and kind of looks funny... other than that its all pretty cool!

Unknown said...

Wow. A very thoughtful theme. I can see the amount of effort you put into this and the fact that you have a personal meaning behind it make it even more interesting. Me, being a fan of lots of color and high contrast, like the colorful images. I really like the gs nozzles ALOT.

Nichole said...

i like your theme and that its consistent...and i really like the map one all are very creative!!

Cody said...

I love your theme. Relates to me too, working at Wal Mart and driving to Ada from Sulphur every day makes it hard to have a social life.

Jami said...

Really like colorful sidewalk against the black and white of the trees around it, and I like the clock against the white background. I wish that the picture of the hand was a little more realistic, but other than that I have no complaints. Nice work!