Thursday, April 7, 2011

D1- open series - j clark

I love to look at and draw abstract images.. just the creativity you can use and how particular images catch you eye to me is neat.. so thats my topic for my open series....  and its basically a landscape images that i decided to change the colors into something funky... i used funky colors on all of the pieces along with different filters and such to try to give the images textures and a variety. hopefully i accomplished that...(names of the images 1.) beauty.. 2.) mystery 3.) innocence 4.)reflection 5.)distortion).. just a lil extra info..

1.)
2.)
4.)
5.)3.)

4 comments:

portel.bellamy said...

I know you put a lot of work into them. You said that you where trying to go with an abstract idea of portraying a landscape with funky colors I think you achieved our goal on 1, 2, and 5. On your work with 3. you defiantly achieved the aim of giving the image a more textured looked than the others.

Unknown said...

Kind of random. I'm not sure where you were trying to go with these images but I'm really liking the cat image. The landscape images are a little unguided maybe? I like the texture on the last image. It sort of makes me think of a hook rug.

Jami said...

I like the image of the road, the colors of the sky pull my eye up and I follow the lines of the road at the same time, gives a good feeling of depth and distance. I don't really get the cat picture, but I do like cats. Also like the texture of the last one.

Jourdan Clark said...

yea i saw the cat image and tried to play with it n creat something cool.... so i used layers to creat multiple copies of the image so there are really like 4 cats but it didnt really turn out like i wanted it to...